Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Saving Vs Spending

I think that I'm a saver rather than a spender. I usually like to gather up my money and wait until I have enough to invest it into something bigger and better. That way what I'm spending and wanting to buy is more worthwhile. I agree with the article, saying that when your young, you can be taught to be a saver and be more careful with your money. I think that in my generation, there's a little bit of both savers and spenders. But, compared to people of other generations, I think that as a whole, my generation spends more than we save. This could be from a few things, including that our grandparents lived near a depression, so money was tight. They learned to be smart with their money and be a 'saver' rather than a 'spender'. But our generation didn't as good, because our parents never really had as much of a problem, because they didn't live during a depression  so we haven't learned as much from them about saving and spending in that sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment